SMART ASSET "IN DEEP" BLUE COLLAR WORKER AUDITION INSTRUCTIONS
Self Tape Submissions are due by 10pm Tuesday August 22nd
TECHNICAL SELF-TAPE INSTRUCTIONS
RECORDING DEVICE / FRAMING:
You can record your self-taped audition on a cell phone camera, you do not need a fancy camera.
Your phone or camera should record in the landscape / horizontal position (Sideways)
LIGHTING / AUDIO:
Record your audition in a well-lit area. Soft and/or natural light is preferred.
Your light source should come from behind the camera, not from behind you, otherwise we will only see your silhouette.
Record in an uncluttered area where we can see you clearly. Ideally against a neutral backdrop. You can film outdoors if you have good lighting and it is quiet. Avoid loud or noisy areas (i.e. fans, street noise, etc.).
Frame yourself in camera so you can be seen from head to toe
1. What is your full name? 2. How tall are you? 3. Where are you located? If you aren't located in San Diego, are you willing to work as a San Diego local? 4. Are you represented by a talent agent? If so, who? 5. Do you have any visible tattoos (arms, hands, calves, neck, etc.). If so, please show them to us. 6. Do you have any experience working with a jackhammer? Please expand on your experience.
After you answer all questions show us your side profiles (turn to the right and pause, then turn to the left and pause)
If you are auditioning for multiple roles, you do not need to do multiple slates, just do one that covers all of the questions listed for both roles.
SCENE INSTRUCTIONS AND SCRIPT
FRAMING: Frame yourself in camera so you can be seen from the knees up.
EYE LINE: Do not read your lines directly into the camera. Look slightly off camera and slightly down when responding to the different characters.
TAKES: Please provide 3 different and unique takes of the following short scene. Show us a distinctly different reaction in each take.
Please have someone read the opposite characters rights off-camera if possible.
CONTEXT: A man stubbornly decided to build their own backyard pool instead of hiring a professional. He is now stuck knee deep in cement at the bottom of the pool. He called you to come and free him, which you are now doing using a jackhammer.
SHOW US 3-5 seconds of you using the jackhammer around GUY. You can just mime this unless you happen to have a jackhammer on hand and a safe place to use it.
GUY: "I’m sure you guys see this all the time"
Blue Collar Workers gives the guy a subtle "look" that says "definitely not." Nothing rude, no eye-rolling.
GUY: " Right?"
Blue Collar Worker returns to jackhammering\
Please prepare the below photos and upload them using the form linked at the bottom of this page. They do not need to be taken specifically for this project, as long as they represent your current look (haircut, hair color, facial hair, etc.)
NO HATS, SUNGLASSES OR FILTERS
1. Headshot: 1-2 recent headshots. This does not have to be a professional headshot photo. Any recent, nice quality photo. No hats, sunglasses, or filters.
2. Full Body Photos: 1-2 full body recent photos showing your current body type.
3. General: Feel free to also include any additional photos that you think casting would be interested in. Lifestyle photos, etc.
4. If you have any pictures or videos of you using a jackhammer, please include them.
SUBMITTING YOUR AUDITION FILES
AUDITION FILES ARE DUE BY 7PM ON TUESDAY AUGUST 22ND
You can submit your audition files to us one of 2 ways:
1. CASTING NETWORKS: Upload your audition (slate, audition, photos) to the Casting Networks self-tape request. This only applies to talent who received their audition invite via Casting Networks. Please prioritize this option if you have it.