Self Tape Submissions are due by Midnight on Sunday August 27th
TECHNICAL SELF-TAPE INSTRUCTIONS
RECORDING DEVICE / FRAMING:
You can record your self-taped audition on a cell phone camera, you do not need a fancy camera.
Your phone or camera should record in the landscape / horizontal position (Sideways)
LIGHTING / AUDIO:
Record your audition in a well-lit area. Soft and/or natural light is preferred.
Your light source should come from behind the camera, not from behind you, otherwise we will only see your silhouette.
Record in an uncluttered area where we can see you clearly. Ideally against a neutral backdrop. You can film outdoors if you have good lighting and it is quiet. Avoid loud or noisy areas (i.e. fans, street noise, etc.).
Casual clothes that you would wear around the house on a summer day. No athletic clothes.
Frame yourself in camera so you can be seen from head to toe
1. What is your full name? 2. What is your age and height? 3. Where are you located? If you are not located in San Diego, are you willing to work as a San Diego local? 4. Are you represented by a talent agent? If so, who? 5. Do you have a current work permit? Do you have an open coogan account?
After you answer all questions show us your side profiles (turn to the right and pause, then turn to the left and pause)
SCENE INSTRUCTIONS AND SCRIPT
FRAMING: Frame yourself in camera so you can be seen from the knees up.
EYE LINE: Do not read your lines directly into the camera. Look slightly off camera..
TAKES: Please provide 3 different and unique takes of the following scene Please have someone read the opposite characters rights off-camera if possible.
CONTEXT: Your dad decided to build a backyard pool himself. He is now stuck knee deep in cement at the bottom of the pool. You are at the top of the pool looking down on him.
The Kid is standing at the top of the pool looking down at their dad stuck in cement. The kid is not upset seeing dad stuck in cement, it's almost as if it’s something that happens every day. The kid is just staring vacantly, not scowling or looking at dad judgmentally. DAD: "In hindsight, probably shouldn’t have tried to build the pool myself.... It dried so fast"
KID: (Turns and yells over his shoulder for his mom because she will have the answer) "Mom!!!."
Please prepare the below photos and upload them using the form linked at the bottom of this page. They do not need to be taken specifically for this project, as long as they represent your current look (haircut, hair color, facial hair, etc.)
NO HATS, SUNGLASSES OR FILTERS
1. Headshot: 1-2 recent headshots. This does not have to be a professional headshot photo. Any recent, nice quality photo. No hats, sunglasses, or filters.
2. Full Body Photos: 1-2 full body recent photos showing your current body type.
3. General: Feel free to also include any additional photos that you think casting would be interested in. Lifestyle photos, etc.
SUBMITTING YOUR AUDITION FILES
AUDITION FILES ARE DUE BY MIDNIGHT ON SUNDAY AUGUST 27TH
You can submit your audition files to us one of 2 ways:
1. CASTING NETWORKS: Upload your audition (slate, audition, photos) to the Casting Networks self-tape request. This only applies to talent who received their audition invite via Casting Networks. Please prioritize this option if you have it.